Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
A childhood classic, these choc-chip cookies are the perfect balance of chew and crunch, with a nutty sweetness that will attract more hands to the cookie jar.
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g coconut oil
120g rolled oats
60g almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
100g flaked almonds
20g natural popcorn, popped
150g Well Naturally Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Melts
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180Åã C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients. In a second bowl combine all of the dry ingredients except for the chocolate, almond flakes and popcorn.
- Transfer the dry ingredients and combine with the wet ingredients, ensuring you combine well with a wooden spoon. Toss in the chocolate pieces and almond flakes and stir well to combine.
- Roll about a tablespoon of the mixture in your hands to create a small ball, place onto the lined baking tray and continue until you have rolled all of the mixture. Allow enough space between the balls for expansion when baked.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and cook for 14 minutes. The cookies will be a light brown colour on top and a darker colour on the bottom.