Classic Oven-Baked Potato Latkes
Delicious latkes can be made with almost any kind of vegetable, but we’ve stuck with the classic potato dish for this recipe.
Season with chives and Greek yoghurt to add some extra flavour on a cold, winters day. For an extra crunchy texture, use large russet potatoes which will taste too good to be true!
5 large russet potatoes
1 small onion
1 pinch of salt
1/3 cup of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 210ºC (410ºF), and line a tray with baking paper.
- Wash and peel each potato, then slice and grate into small pieces. Remove any excess moisture by wrapping in paper towels. Try to get the potatoes as dry as possible before baking them.
- Grate the onion, and combine this with the potato mixture.
- Combine the lightly beaten eggs, baking powder, salt, and flour with the potato and onion mixture.
- Arrange the mixture into small circles, and place onto the tray. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the latkes are golden brown on each side. This is a much healthier alternative as opposed to frying with oil.
Image via James Beard