Clean Spaghetti Bolognese With Zucchini Noodles Recipe
They say summer bodies are made in winter. So to get you well underway, fitness trainer Sally Matterson has provided us with this healthy, clean and warming spaghetti bolognese recipe from her new book, Healthy Body.
Unlike the traditional dish which can be loaded with unwanted carbohydrates and fat, this one comes packed full of greens and is served on a bed zucchini of noodles. You’re welcome!
1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, finely diced
2 celery sticks, finely diced
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
500g (1.1lb) beef mince
700g (1.5lb) bottle tomato passata
1/2 bunch broccolini, trimmed and each floret cut into 1 cm pieces
1/2 bunch asparagus, ends snapped off, each spear cut into 1 cm pieces
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt (iodised or Himalayan) and freshly cracked pepper
2 zucchinis, cut finely or made into spaghetti
Few sprigs of basil, leaves torn
- Place oil in a saucepan and add onion, celery and garlic. Cook until onion is golden. Add mince and stir until brown.
- Stir in passata and simmer for 3 minutes, then add broccolini and asparagus. Add vinegar and season.
- Leave to simmer on a low/medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Just before you are ready to serve up, cook the zucchini spaghetti in the microwave for 30 seconds or until tender.
- Divide among four plates and top with bolognese sauce and some basil leaves.