Cocktails For The Weekend
Zeta Bar’s Fresh Pressed Sugarcane Juice Mojito
1. Crack fresh mint leaves in your palm to release the fragrance and place in the bottom of a tall glass.
2. Add a teaspoon of sugar syrup, three segments of lime and muddle.
3. Add a few dashes of fresh sugarcane juice and continue to muddle. Stir in ice to half way up the glass.
4. Add two measures of light rum and stir. Add a dash of freshly pressed lime juice. Add more ice to the top of the glass and stir to combine all the flavours.
5. Taste the mojito to get the perfect balance of rum, sweet and sour flavours. Finish with a fresh sugarcane stick and mint sprig garnish.
Every Friday evening until Easter, Sydney’s Zeta Bar will play host to a tropical paradise alive with hula girls, limbo dancers and a bamboo Tiki bar. The rooftop terrace bar on George Street will be transformed into an oasis providing city-dwellers and guests with a welcome escape from the steamy city below.
Bar staff sporting dazzling Hawaiian shirts and straw fedoras will be creating summer cocktails at the outdoor bar while live entertainment and Polynesian music help set the scene. Refreshing Mojitos made with fresh pressed sugarcane, Pina Coladas and Zeta Mai Tais served in pineapples and coconut shells will be on the menu.
Zeta Bar, Sydney Hilton, George St Sydney – every Friday evening until Easter.
Maker’s Milk Punch
This luscious creamy cocktail goes really well with desserts!
45ml Maker’s Mark
30ml BOLS White Creme de Cacao
Add all to a mixing glass, fill with ice and shake well. Strain into a wine glass, and garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.
What’s your favourite cocktail?