Chocolate Coconut Macaroons
From the saucy new cookbook 50 Shades of Chocolate comes this recipe for addictive chocolate coconut macaroons from award-winning chocolatier Claire Preen. You won’t be able to stop eating them!
125g dark chocolate callet (buttons)
2 egg whites
180g dried coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract
60g white chocolate
1. Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler.
2. Whisk the egg whites with the salt until they form soft peaks. Add 3-4 tbsp of sugar and whisk until mixture is glossy yet firm. Fold in the remaining sugar and then fold in the chocolate, coconut and vanilla.
3. Place small spoonfuls of the mixture on a baking sheet and bake at 160C for about 15 minutes.
4. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler and half-dip the cooled cookies into the white chocolate.
5. Serve with a smile and very little else. If you’ve got melted chocolate on your hands, you’re eating it too slowly…
Clair Preen’s chocolate cookbook 50 Shades of Chocolates contains over 60 delicious chocolate recipes that can be enjoyed by yourself, with your partner or at a dinner party. Available from newsagents for $14.95. Visit www.50shadesofchocolate.com.au.