If you’re looking for a light, summery salad this spring, you can’t go past Jamie Fleming’s kale salad with prosciutto, pumpkin seeds and cranberry balsamic vinaigrette recipe. Of course, kale is a popular superfood among the health concious, but it’s also super versatile and tastes delicious when sauteed with a dash of butter, garlic and white wine, as in this dish.
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 bunch kale, stemmed and torn roughly
50ml white wine
40ml olive oil
30ml balsamic vinegar
30ml Ocean Spray low sugar cranberry juice
100g prosciutto, thinly sliced
50g Ocean Spray craisins dried cranberries, chopped
40g Parmesan cheese, shaved
30g pumpkin seeds
Salt and pepper, to season
- In a large frying pan, lightly brown butter and garlic.
- Toss kale into pan and allow to fry briefly. Deglaze pan with white wine, allowing it to cook out until all the wine has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and place kale onto a large serving platter.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk oil, vinegar and cranberry juice together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dress kale with vinaigrette while still warm.
- To serve, add prosciutto, craisins dried cranberries, parmesan and pumpkin seeds to kale and toss lightly.