Creamy One Ingredient Ice Cream
Who doesn’t love the sound of homemade ice cream? Here’s how to make creamy, silky ice cream using only one ingredient!
What’s the secret ingredient? Bananas! A few years ago The Kitchn discovered this fantastic secret on how to transform frozen bananas into creamy, soft serve-style ice cream, and it really works. Plus it’s a fantastic treat to anyone who follows a dairy-free or gluten-free diet or is lactose intolerant. Here’s how to make one ingredient ice cream:
Makes 2 servings. Original recipe here.
2 ripe (very brown) bananas
1. Peel bananas and chop into bite-size pieces.
2. Freeze on a flat surface (either on a plate or baking tray) for 1-2 hours.
3. Place in a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
There are endless variations to this basic recipe, including:
* adding grated chocolate to the processor for chocolate and banana ice cream
* adding a swirl of maple syrup once you’ve finished blitzing
* have leftover coconut milk? Add 1/4 cup to the food processor and blitz for banana coconut ice cream
Have you tried this one ingredient ice cream?