Who doesn’t love the sound of homemade ice cream? Here’s how to make creamy, silky ice cream using only one ingredient!
What’s the secret ingredient? Bananas! A few years ago The Kitchn discovered this fantastic secret on how to transform frozen bananas into creamy, soft serve-style ice cream, and it really works. Plus it’s a fantastic treat to anyone who follows a dairy-free or gluten-free diet or is lactose intolerant. Here’s how to make one ingredient ice cream:
Makes 2 servings. Original recipe here.
2 ripe (very brown) bananas
1. Peel bananas and chop into bite-size pieces.
2. Freeze on a flat surface (either on a plate or baking tray) for 1-2 hours.
3. Place in a food processor and blitz until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
There are endless variations to this basic recipe, including:
* adding grated chocolate to the processor for chocolate and banana ice cream
* adding a swirl of maple syrup once you’ve finished blitzing
* have leftover coconut milk? Add 1/4 cup to the food processor and blitz for banana coconut ice cream
Have you tried this one ingredient ice cream?