Curried Sausages With Yellow Fried Rice Recipe
To keep you feeling all warm and fuzzy amidst the chilly weather, Woolworths has provided us with this hearty curried sausages recipe. Creamy, slightly sweet and with a mild hint of spice thanks to the Worcestershire sauce and turmeric, it’s a dish that whole family can enjoy. For all the single ladies out there, this recipe if freezer friendly and will keep for up to 2 months; therefore, you can go back for seconds, thirds and even fourths!
6 thick beef sausages
2 tbsp Woolworths Select Spanish mellow olive oil
2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
3 tsp curry powder
1 large golden delight potato, peeled and cut into 1.5cm dice
2 1/2 cups water
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Woolworths Select tomato paste
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp apricot jam
1/2 cup thickened cream
1 cup frozen baby peas
60g baby spinach, optional
Yellow fried rice
1 tbsp olive oil
450g packet microwave white long grain rice
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Place sausages in a large saucepan, cover with 2½ cups of water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Drain. Slice on an angle into 2cm-thick slices.
- Heat oil in a large wide-based casserole pan. Cook onions over medium heat, stirring for 10-12 minutes, or until soft and browned. Add curry powder, cook, stirring for 30 seconds. Add diced potato and toss to coat. Add water, worcestershire, tomato paste and brown sugar. Simmer for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in sausages, jam and cream, cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir through peas and spinach.
- Meanwhile, for the rice, heat oil in a large frying pan, add rice and turmeric, cook stirring until heated through.
- Serve curried sausages with yellow fried rice.
Tip: Freeze for up to 2 months, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Swap the cream with evaporated milk and/or swap the spinach with 125g can corn kernels, drained and rinsed.