Shake things up with these non-traditional Christmas puds.
If you’re tired of the same old Christmas lunch, then these cute and super tasty little bourbon, cranberry and white chocolate puddings are sure to spice things up.
This berry twist on the classic holiday dessert will be a delicious accompaniment to a festive ice-cream and make your festive dinner end with a bang.
- One stick of butter
- 1 1⁄4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cup of stout beer
- ¾ cup of Ocean Spray Craisins Dried Cranberries
- 2/3 cup of Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic Juice Drink
- 1⁄2 cup of candied ginger
- 1⁄2 cup of mixed peel
- Rind of 1 orange, finely grated
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup of green apple, grated
- 2/3 cup of white chocolate buttons
- 1⁄2 cup of bourbon
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 tsp of dried ginger
- 1⁄4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 of ground nutmeg
- Extra butter for greasing pudding dishes
- Custard and vanilla ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F
2. Place butter, brown sugar, stout, Ocean Spray Craisins Dried Cranberries, Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic juice, candied ginger, mixed peel and orange rind into a large pot over low heat and stir ingredients until the butter is melted then remove from heat.
3. Add breadcrumbs, apple, white chocolate, bourbon, eggs, dried ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg to the pot. Fold all ingredients together until completely combined.
4. Prepare 12 small (approximately ¾ cup) pudding dishes, or any heatproof dish of a similar size, greasing with extra butter, then spoon mixture into pudding dishes, allowing a little space at the top for the pudding to rise.
5. Place a piece of baking paper over each dish and secure tightly with string. Repeat with aluminium foil, ensuring the string secures each dish as tightly as possible.
6. Place the pudding dishes in the base of a large baking tray. Pour enough boiling water into the large tray to reach halfway up the sides of the pudding dishes. Bake for three hours or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
7. Remove from heat and allow to rest for another 15 minutes before turning onto a plate. If desired, serve immediately with custard and vanilla ice-cream.
Image and recipe courtesy of oceanspray.com.au