Do you want voluminous bouncy hair like Dakota Johnson? We fell in love with her entire look at the annual Met Gala, and have come up with an easy tutorial to get the look at home. Enjoy!
1. Use a volumising shampoo and conditioner to make the most of your hair in the shower. Most of these formulas are actually root-lifting, which means that hair won’t look flat and lifeless.
Joico Colour Balance Shampoo and Conditioner, $29.95 each
2. Once you’re out of the shower, attach a diffuser to your hair-drier to add some more texture. This is essential if your hair is naturally quite straight.
Vidal Sassoon 2200W Hair Drier, $44.95
3. Use one pump of a volumising hair mousse, and apply liberally to the roots of your hair. Scrunch the hair between your fingers, then release.
Garnier Fructis Style Volume Restructure Mousse, $7.49
4. Apply a lightweight serum to your ends, this will add some extra shine to your hair. Don’t go overboard and apply it onto your roots. It will only weigh down your hair and make it feel oily.
Marc Daniels Moroccan Argan Hair Serum, $12.99
5. If your hair requires a little extra body, use a thin curling iron to create the illusion of extra volume. Remember to curl away from the face, then shake the hairs before misting with setting spray.
Images via Zimbio