Believe it or not, you can have fudgey, moist AND gluten-free brownies. We use Eskal Dairy Free Chocolate for the rich taste. Not gluten-free? You won’t be any the wiser!
85g Eskal Noble Choice Dairy Free Dark Chocolate
45g Eskal Noble Choice Dairy Free Dark Chocolate (chopped for topping)
75g Nuttelex (non-dairy butter alternative)
3 free range eggs
275g golden caster sugar
85g gluten-free flour
40g pure cocoa powder
½ tsp salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C or 160C fan-forced.
2. In a double boiler, gently melt 85g Eskal Dairy Free Dark Chocolate with the
Nuttelex. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. In a separate large stainless steel bowl, using an upright mixer or hand-held
beater, whisk the eggs and golden caster sugar together until doubled in
size. The mixture will appear to be a pale golden colour. Have patience as
this may take anywhere from 3-8 minutes depending on your equipment.
4. In three parts, fold your melted chocolate and butter into the egg and sugar
mixture. Then sift the gluten free flour, cocoa powder and salt, fold in until
just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Line a 10 x 14 cookie tray with baking paper. Pour in the brownie mixture
and spread evenly. The trick to this light, rich brownie is baking it thinner
than traditional size. Cover with chopped Eskal Dark Chocolate pieces.
6. Place tray on middle rack in pre-heated oven. Bake for 20 minutes; gently
shake the tray to see if the middle ‘wobbles’. If yes, bake for another 5
minutes. Check again; it should be soft to the touch and just hold its shape
when the tray is moved. Allow to cool completely before removing from
tray. When ready, cut into desired shapes with a clean, sharp knife.
What’s your favourite gluten-free dessert?