Dessert Week: Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
250g unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups dark or milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 175C. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add the salt, vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Drop heaped tablespoon size balls of dough about 5cm apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes – or until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the centre.. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
5. Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
What is your favourite cookie?