Detox for beauty
Detox for beauty
The Great American Detox Diet. It features a plethora of tips for healthy eating and maintaining an active lifestyle. It also contains heaps of yummy recipes, four of yummiest we’ve included in this week’s Eat and Drink!
Kids love ?em! If you don?t have a cutter, try using an opened and clean tuna can to cut rounds, or just cut the crusts of the bread.
4 slices wholemeal spelt or rice bread
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
120ml pizza or pasta sauce ? homemade or unsweetened shop bought
115g mozzarella-style soya cheese, grated or sliced
Toppings: diced red or green pepper (capsicum), sliced mushroom
1. Preheat oven to 180, gas 4
2. Place the bread slices on a baking tray so that you don?t have to move them after the pizzas are assembled
3. Using a round biscuit cutter, cut one large circle out of the middle of each piece of bread, saving the crusts for breadcrumbs for use in other recipes
4. Lightly oil the top of the bread and spread 2 table spoons of sauce onto each slice
5. Sprinkle with soya cheese, toppings and fresh oregano
6. Bake for 5 ? 10 minutes until the cheese has melted
Makes: 4 pizzas
Per serving: 220 calories/919 kJ; protein 8g; carbs 20g; sugar 4g; fat 12g (of which saturates 5g); fibre 2gm; sodium 742 mg
Riso Di Basilico
A healthy take on a traditional Italian pasta dish.
60g fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
2 tbsp pine nuts
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
120ml extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp white or yellow miso paste
1 kg cooked brown rice or other whole grain
1. Put the basil leaves, pine nuts, garlic and miso paste into a food processor and begin processing. Slowly add the oil in a fine stream until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides of the processor with a spatula to make sure everything is completely blended.
2. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the cooked brown rice or other whole grain.
3. Serve cold as a salad, or use warm, freshly cooked grain for a hot side dish.
Per serving: 660 calories/2758 kJ; protein 9g; carbs 80g; sugar 2g; fat 35g (of which saturates 5g); fibre 3g; sodium 324mg