How To Have A Dinner Party, Tequila Style
Margarita recipes are in abundance, and we all know that tequila and lemon or lime is a match made in heaven, but for such a popular spirit the versatility of tequila is vastly unknown.
Tequila is not just a means for kicking off a party; it can be the whole focus of one, enjoyed as an accompaniment to a delicious meal or incorporated into recipes for those who just can’t get enough. Tequila Blu shares an inspired dinner party menu… the theme? Tequila, of course! Get the party started and wow guests with this delicious three-course menu that incorporates tequila for some added zing!
Entrée – Drunken prawns
2 ½ cups olive oil
¾ cup Tequila Blu
½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
½ cup pineapple juice
¼ cup white vinegar
1 tbsp garlic salt (or plain rock salt)
1 tbsp ground black pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt
30 prawns, peeled and de-veined
- Combine all ingredients (except the prawns) in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place prawns in a bowl and cover with the mixture, stir through evenly and allow to marinate for at least two hours
- Over a medium heat, cook the prawns in a frypan until cooked through (10-15 mins approx.)
- Serve and delight guests!
Main – Tequila lime chicken with margarita guacamole
1 cup Tequila Blu
¼ cup olive oil
2 tsp salt
5 cloves of garlic
1 jalapeño, sliced
½ bunch chopped coriander
12 chicken breasts
- Squeeze the juice of 4 limes into a food processor and add tequila, salt, olive oil, jalapeños, parsley and garlic. Blend until combined.
- In a large tray place chicken breasts and tequila-lime mixture, cover and place in fridge overnight to marinate.
- Once marinated, grill chicken over medium to high heat until cooked through. Slice and serve.
For the guacamole…
2 large avocados
Juice and zest of 1 lime
½ tsp. orange zest
3 tbsp. chopped coriander
Salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop out inside of avocados and mash, stir in the rest of the ingredients and serve alongside the chicken.
- You can also serve this dip as an entrée with corn chips!
Dessert – Tequila lime tart
1 ½ cups crushed plain sweet biscuits
¼ cup melted unsalted butter
¼ cup pine nuts
2 tablespoons of sugar
- To make the crust for the tart combine biscuits, butter, pine nuts and sugar in a food processor and blend until it begins to clump together.
- Press the mixture into the base and sides of a 9-inch spring form tart pan.
For the filling…
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Yolks of 4 large eggs
½ cup fresh lime juice
¼ cup Tequila Blu
2 egg whites
1 tbsp sugar
Whipped cream and fresh lime slices to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Mix condensed milk, egg yolks, lime juice and tequila in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar in a bowl to form soft peaks then gently fold in 1 and a half cups of the condensed milk mixture with a rubber spatula. Fold in the rest of the mixture until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tart pan and bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until the mixture has fluffed up and a tester inserted into the tart comes out clean.
- Cool completely, then chill until cold.
- Garnish with whipped cream and fresh lime.
- Enjoy the fiesta!
Some of the best adventures come out of the blu. Discover more at facebook.com/tequilabluaustralia