Are you sick of the same old beat-up hamburgers from the fast-food restaurants that are barely warm and are filling your body with goodness knows how many calories?
Me too! So for a healthier alternative to takeaways try these homemade fish burgers that are delicious, simple and take less than half an hour to make. Serve them with some homemade baked chips for a complete meal.
½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
½ tsp chilli powder
½ lime, juiced
4 150g white fish fillets
2 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthways
Olive oil for cooking
4 torpedo bread rolls, halved
1 tbsp baby capers
50g baby rocket
- Combine mayonnaise, chilli powder and one tablespoon of lime juice in a bowl then refrigerate.
- Preheat BBQ plate on medium high.
- Spray both sides of fish and zucchini with oil, season with salt and pepper then barbecue for a couple of minutes each side until cooked.
- Spray cut side of rolls with oil then grill until toasted.
- Place zucchini on roll bases then top with fish, mayonnaise, capers and rocket before adding the tops of the rolls.
- For a healthier alternative to the whole egg mayonnaise, try low fat or fat free mayonnaise instead.
- If you prefer, substitute the mayonnaise for tartare sauce.
- Types of fish most commonly used for this burger is snapper or barramundi.
Image via taste.com.au
Karyn is stay-at-home mum and a freelance writer with a passion for travel, her family and writing. As well as being a regular contributor to SHESAID, she also contributes to Destinations Mag, Beamly.com and is currently working on her first romance novel. She loves sharing ideas and tips that people find useful and learns a lot along the way herself.