Ditch The Takeaway For These Homemade Fish Burgers
Are you sick of the same old beat-up hamburgers from the fast-food restaurants that are barely warm and are filling your body with goodness knows how many calories?
Me too! So for a healthier alternative to takeaways try these homemade fish burgers that are delicious, simple and take less than half an hour to make. Serve them with some homemade baked chips for a complete meal.
½ cup whole egg mayonnaise
½ tsp chilli powder
½ lime, juiced
4 150g white fish fillets
2 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthways
Olive oil for cooking
4 torpedo bread rolls, halved
1 tbsp baby capers
50g baby rocket
- Combine mayonnaise, chilli powder and one tablespoon of lime juice in a bowl then refrigerate.
- Preheat BBQ plate on medium high.
- Spray both sides of fish and zucchini with oil, season with salt and pepper then barbecue for a couple of minutes each side until cooked.
- Spray cut side of rolls with oil then grill until toasted.
- Place zucchini on roll bases then top with fish, mayonnaise, capers and rocket before adding the tops of the rolls.
- For a healthier alternative to the whole egg mayonnaise, try low fat or fat free mayonnaise instead.
- If you prefer, substitute the mayonnaise for tartare sauce.
- Types of fish most commonly used for this burger is snapper or barramundi.
Image via taste.com.au