Shiny Happy Hair!
Take time to look after your hands this winter with the latest products and tricks:
Crabtree & Evelyn?s groundbreaking ‘La Source’ hand cream actually exfoliates and moisturises your hands at the same time. You don?t believe us? The amazing thing is that this super-smart hand cream is designed to be rinsed off. Gasp gasp! No more butter fingers! Even after you have done the rinse, the shea butter and macadamia oil in it keeps your hands soft and super hydrated.
Nails get damaged in winter too. During the cooler months they really suffer, so keep them rehydrated with natural oils. The most effective is actually Vitamin E and rice bran. Vitamin E is available at selected pharmacies nationally and health food stores.
Tricks of the trade
Smother your hands in Elizabeth Arden ?Eight
We all know that healthy hair equals shiny hair and we all want it don?t we? So read on.
But remember, if you have stick straight hair you will already by half way there to getting great “shine”. However, the more curl or wave you have, the less your hair will shine. It’s all to do with the reflection of light and curly hair has an uneven surface so it doesn?t reflect light as easily as straight hair. You can however improve the level of shine by following a few of these tips:
- Keep your hair healthy by using heated styling tools less frequently.
- If you use a dryer, use one with a nozzle attachment to direct the airflow from roots to ends to create smooth sections.
- Blow-dry your hair right side up, not bent over upside down as this can create frizz.
- Avoid brushes with plastic bristles. A natural bristle brush is always better.
- The correct shampoo and conditioning regime can really help boost shine. Moisturising shampoos and conditioners will help seal and smooth the surface of your hair allowing it to reflect light. Once a week, use a clarifying shampoo to remove product build up which can make your hair look dull. Check out www.virtualhaircare.com.au for some of their great hair tips and product suggestions.
- Using a wide-tooth comb whilst in the shower to distribute your conditioner evenly will also improve shine.
- Give your hair a final cool rinse just before you leave the shower to seal down the surface of your hair so it reflects light better.
- Consider a special in-salon treatment. It?s a bit like applying a ?gloss finish?. A sheer wash of colour is applied to your hair like a non-permanent colour would be. This will boost your hair’s natural colour without changing it and it slowly washes out in 4 to 6 weeks without any condition worries.