Easiest Spaghetti Meatballs
Who doesn’t love spaghetti meatballs, but let’s face it, it’s a pretty time-consuming dish. So we’ve created an easy recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes and tastes completely authentic. The secret is using good-quality, thick sausages, which are already perfectly seasoned with herbs and spices.
2 cloves garlic, smashed
4-6 good-quality pork and fennel sausages
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon dried chili flakes
1 small jar of roasted capsicum, roughly chopped (optional)
Handful parsley, chopped
1 Tablespoon butter, optional
250g thin spaghetti
1. In a large frying pan, heat a little olive oil and add the smashed garlic cloves. Cook over low heat until golden.
2. Turn up the heat to medium. Pierce the sausage casings and squeeze small balls of sausage meat straight into the pan. Toss quickly until brown.
3. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes to cover the sausage meatballs, adding a little water to thin the tomatoes out slightly. Add the dried chili flakes and roasted capsicum, if using, bring to a simmer then turn the heat down to low. Let cook for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain, reserving a cup of the pasta water.
5. Check the tomato sauce for seasoning, adding a little of the pasta cooking water if the sauce is too thick, then add the butter. Stir through and serve over the spaghetti. Garnish with chopped parsley.
What’s your favourite ‘cheat’ recipe?