Throwing a dinner party for friends? Or looking for a simple dessert recipe that really impresses? Quick and easy to make, affogato is a traditional yet delicious Italian dessert and a clever way to combine the after-dinner coffee with a sweet ice-cream treat.
To ensure you’re serving the best tasting coffee every time, consider using the new DéLonghi PrimaDonna XS fully automatic coffee machine.
Affogato is so easy to make, it doesn’t even need a recipe. Just follow these five steps to make the perfect affogato dessert:
1. Fill a glass, mug or small bowl with 2-3 scoops of your favourite flavour ice-cream or gelato
2. Select the double espresso function on your coffee machine – try the PrimaDonna XS for best results – and pop a glass underneath each spout to capture two shots with one button to save you time
3. Pour a shot of hot espresso coffee over the ice cream
4. For an extra hit of flavour add an extra shot of chocolate, coffee-flavoured liqueur like Kahlua or even a couple of chocolate-coated coffee beans
5. For those with a really sweet tooth try adding whipped cream to your affogato or serve with biscotti for that finishing touch
What’s your favourite coffee dessert recipe?