Easy Paleo Breakfast Recipes
The paleo lifestyle prides itself on creating wholesome food, which for the most part is natural and preservative-free. If you find yourself with limited time to whip-up a filling breakfast, why not try some our two paleolithic breakfast recipes. They require minimal effort, and are packed with many vitamins and minerals which will keep you energised and alert throughout the day.
Banana Nut Pancakes
2 bananas (chopped)
2 heaping tablespoons chunk almond butter
Dark chocolate chips (optional)
Mash the bananas together in a large mixing bowl, then add the chunky almond butter and blend well.
Scoop a quarter of the mixture onto a clean frying pan over medium heat. Wait for a few bubbles to appear on the surface before flipping onto the other side.
Sprinkle a touch of dark chocolate chips for an extra boost of sweet flavour.
2 cups assorted nuts and seeds
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup sunflower seed butter
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Combine the assorted nuts and seeds into a large mixing bowl and combine well.
- Remove 1 cup of the assorted nuts and deposit them onto a chopping board. Cut them into smaller pieces with a sharp knife.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of assorted nuts into a food processor and pulse until they’re fine. Then add these nuts and the ones from the chopping board into a large bowl with the dried cranberries and coconut.
- Take a small saucepan and add the coconut oil, sunflower seed butter, honey, vanilla, salt and cinnamon over a medium heat. Remove the mixture once it starts to bubble, then pour into the previous bowl. Mix well.
- Press the mixture together, then wait for it cool before covering and putting it in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove from the freezer, then slice and enjoy!
Images and Recipes via Paleoporn