Easy Souvlaki Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes plus marinating time
Cooking time: 10 minutes
• 4 (1kg) lamb leg chops
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tbs Fountain Mint sauce
• 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
• Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
• 1 cup thick natural Greek style yoghurt
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
• 1/4 cup Fountain Thick Mint sauce
• Flatbread, to serve
• Soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water.
• Cut the leg chops into 2cm cubes.
• Combine the olive oil, garlic, Fountain Mint sauce, black pepper and lemon
zest in a snap-lock bag and add the meat. Refrigerate for at least half an
hour – the longer the better.
• In a bowl, combine the yoghurt, mint, lemon juice and Fountain Thick mint sauce
• Heat the BBQ or a grill plate to a high heat.
• Thread the lamb cubes on to the skewers and BBQ for approximately 10
minutes, turning regularly, until nicely charred on the outside but still pink in the
• Serve with flatbread, yoghurt and tabouleh.
It is important to use Fountain’s thin Mint sauce for the marinade, as the sugar in the Fountain Thick Mint sauce will burn on the BBQ. Fountain’s Thick Mint sauce is ideal for the yoghurt sauce.