Easy Strawberry, Banana, and Pecan Muffins
Made from fresh fruits and nuts, these delicious muffins are sure to keep those sugar cravings in control when the afternoon hits. Save yourself (and the family) a few calories by skipping out on the extra sugar, and try out this easy recipe which is perfect if you’re a beginner in the kitchen.
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk (any kind will do)
1 banana, diced
225g strawberries, diced
1/4 cup pecans, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and spray a muffin tray with canola oil.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a medium bowl then mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, vegetable oil and milk until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine both mixtures together, then add 2/3 of the strawberries, bananas and pecans. Fill the muffin cups almost to the top, the sprinkle the remaining fruits and nuts over the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, and allow to cool before serving.
Image and Recipe via Celeste’s Cooking Creations