Made from fresh fruits and nuts, these delicious muffins are sure to keep those sugar cravings in control when the afternoon hits. Save yourself (and the family) a few calories by skipping out on the extra sugar, and try out this easy recipe which is perfect if you’re a beginner in the kitchen.
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
2 large eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk (any kind will do)
1 banana, diced
225g strawberries, diced
1/4 cup pecans, chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and spray a muffin tray with canola oil.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a medium bowl then mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, vegetable oil and milk until the mixture is smooth.
- Combine both mixtures together, then add 2/3 of the strawberries, bananas and pecans. Fill the muffin cups almost to the top, the sprinkle the remaining fruits and nuts over the mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, and allow to cool before serving.
Image and Recipe via Celeste’s Cooking Creations