Fashion Week’s Hottest Nail Trend – The Pastel Beige Manicure
Celebrity manicurist and ORLY Australia’s creative director Fiona Hay shows us how to create the season’s hottest nail trend, pastel beige, as seen at Dion Lee’s S/S 2011/12 collection at Rosemount Australian Fashion Week.
“One colour says it all and that colour is ORLY Pure Porcelain! It’s a pastel beige colour that’s set to become this season’s hottest nail trend. As Dion’s Spring/Summer 2011/2012 collection showcases statement bold colour tones, we balanced this look with a natural but noticeable pastel beige nail colour. After shaping the nails into a short, soft square shape, we painted all the models’ nails with this colour. It’s a really cool look for spring/summer. Subtle, yet striking. Simple, yet creative.
“Plus given the simplicity of the nail look, many woman should be able to emulate this look straight from the catwalk!”
1. File nails into soft square shape, using ORLY Black Board file – use the end of the fingertip as a length guide. Then, buff the surface of the nail using ORLY Double-Time Shine buffer, using only the coarse side to remove ridges and shine from nail.
2. Treat cuticles with ORLY Cutique to gently soften and remove dead tissue from cuticle area. Push back cuticles gently with a cuticle stick.
3. Cleanse the nail plate using a cotton pad moistened with ORLY Clean Prep to remove any residual oil.
4. Apply ORLY Bonder Base Coat, followed by two coats of ORLY Pure Porcelain. Allow to set for five minutes.
5. Seal with ORLY Glosser top coat and a drop of ORLY Flash Dry on each nail to perfect this look.
Are you a fan of the pastel beige manicure?