Five Spice Salmon With Broccolini And Asparagus
Salmon is packed full of omega-3 fatty acids, essential for the health of your brain, your heart and could potentially reduce the risk of chronic diseases and some types of cancer. This recipe is healthy and incredibly simple so put it on your menu this week!
4 180g salmon fillets, pin boned, skin on
1 tsp Chinese five spice
¼ cup hoisin sauce
1/3 cup peanut oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4cm piece of ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 bunch broccolini
1 bunch asparagus
40g baby spinach
1 cup basil leaves
1 tsp sesame oil
- In a bowl combine five spice, hoisin sauce and 2 tablespoons peanut oil then season with salt and pepper.
- Add salmon to bowl and gently toss to coat the salmon in mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Cook salmon to your liking in batches then transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining peanut oil in saucepan over high heat then add garlic, ginger and onion.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add broccolini and asparagus then stir fry for a further 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach, basil and sesame oil.
- Divide the vegetables among plates then place fish on top to serve.
- Serve with brown rice if desired.
Image via taste.com.au