Flourless Chocolate Cake
MasterChef baker Leanne Beck of Sydney’s much-loved Sweet Infinity bakery (Russell Crowe is a fan!) shares her recipe for luscious flourless chocolate cake flavoured with raspberry liqueur!
90g potato flour
15 eggs, separated
50ml Chambord® or to taste
1. Preheat oven temperature to 180°C. Heat the butter and water in a saucepan until butter is melted. Add chocolate to melted butter mixture and half melt. While there are still lumps of chocolate, over a low flame continually whisk to stop the mixture sticking and burning to the pan.
2. Remove from the heat and continually stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Set aside allowing to cool and add Chambord® to taste.
3. Mix and sieve both flour and sugar together, set aside. Separate the eggs. Whisk egg whites until firm but not dry then whisk egg yolks into chocolate mixture.
4. Add chocolate mixture to remaining egg whites and gently incorporate using your opened hand. Add the sifted dry ingredients and again gently incorporate them using your opened hand.
5. Drop into 22cm cake tin and bake until knife comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Cover with silicon paper if you think the top will burn. Top with raspberries and serve.
Have you ever wondered how to create the perfect puff pastry? Or learn how to bake a delicious desert that will have your friends begging for more? Artisan pastry chef Leanne Beck will showcase the skills she has learned from working in some of the most prestigious restaurants in London, Paris and Sydney with her new cooking school in Sydney.
From working with chocolate to three course dinners made easy, Leanne’s tutorials range from demonstrations to more hands on classes. Learn from Leanne as she guides you through the skills of an artisan pastry chef and take the opportunity to ask her questions as you go.
All classes will be instructed by Sweet Infinity’s Leanne Beck and will include drinks and canapés on arrival, recipe cards, ingredients provided and delicious treats to take home. Some classes will also be provided with an apron to take home.
For details on dates, times and classes please visit www.sweetinfinity.com.au.