Fluffy Pancake Recipe
Makes about 12 pancakes
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted (plus more for cooking and serving)
2 cups plain flour, sifted
1 Tablespoon caster sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1. Whisk the eggs, then add the buttermilk and melted butter and keep whisking until just combined. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk gently until the flour is incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
2. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat (if it starts smoking, take it off the heat and allow to cool down to medium). Add a small knob of butter to the pan. When melted, pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. If there is enough room in the pan, pour another 1/4 cup to make another pancake, leaving 5cm between each pancake.
3. Cook until the surface of the batter is dotted with bubbles, about 2 minuets, then flip with a spatula. Cook on the other side until the batter is no longer runny, about 1 minute. Remove and keep warm.
4. Continue cooking the remaining pancakes in the same way.
5. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
What’s your favourite pancake recipe?