Want to create a fun breakfast recipe that is also child-friendly? Fruit kebabs are an easy breakfast or snack to enjoy at any time of the day – especially since you can really customise them with your favourite fruits and vegetables!
The following recipe takes just 20 minutes to prepare, and makes about 5 kebabs (depending on how big you cut the pieces).
1 can French Loaf bread
4 whole eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup raspberries
1/2 cup blueberries
6 inch bamboo skewers
4 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 250ºF, then bake the bread or French loaf according to instructions on the package.
- Beat the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small bowl on medium speed before adding the bread cubes to the bowl. Stir the entire mixture well.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan, and slowly soak the bread cubes and add into the pan. Now cook for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat, until they are golden brown on all sides.
- Pour the rest of the bread cubes into the mixture, then slowly add them into the pan. Repeat until all the bread pieces are golden brown on all sides.
- Thread the fruit and bread on each skewer, leaving enough room to hold. Serve with honey and powdered sugar.
Image and Recipe via Tablespoon