We’ve all been there. It’s after six and you’re still at your desk, you’ve got to be across town at a swanky new cocktail bar in less than an hour and you feel like hell. Don’t fret. Follow our sexy shape up plan and you’ll restore your inner goddess quicker than you can say “Taxi”.Step one – turn off that computer so that your tired skin won’t be zapped by radiation a second longer.Step two – switch on the kettle and while it’s boiling, do a few simple stretches. Stretch your arms out in front of you and lock your fingers together then turn your hands so that your palms are facing outwards and away from your body. Really extend and push your hands forward so you can feel the stretch in your shoulders. Then slowly lift your arms (fingers still locked) above your head while lifting your chin up so that your eyes are looking skyward. Hold for the count of 5 and release. Repeat 3 times.
Step three – make yourself a refreshing cup of peppermint tea. Peppermint tea is
digestive aid, perfect if you’ve had a rushed lunch at your desk and the peppermint aroma will revive your senses. What’s more peppermint is a natural breath freshener, and who knows where cocktails will lead? Step four – time to make up. Clever chicks know to have an emergency supply kit stocked for just such an occasion, be it a desk draw or a zip up cosmetic bag. Here’s what you need and what you do with it…
- Make up removing cleansing wipes– Do a quick tidy up around your eyes and to remove all traces of lippy
- A stick foundation or compact foundation – easy to blend and gives that little bit of extra coverage you need in the evening. Apply around the eyes and lip area (and any tell-tale imperfections)
- A smoky eye colour – big, smudgy colour crayons are easy to use. Apply in
NIVEA Deo Compact DRY
crease and outer corner of your eye and use a little under the eye for added sultriness. (Go easy though!).
- A little bit of sparkle – choose a highlighting shimmer powder, or a new-season vibrant coloured eye shadow to add some sparkle to your evening look
- Bronzing powder – there’s nothing like the kiss of summer to brighten up a drab post-office complexion. Take a big brush and sweep colour across the apple of your cheek.
- Lip liner – choose a deeper shade in the family that you usually wear. Line your lips then colour in with the liner pencil for long-lasting colour
- Lip gloss – will instantly transform your day time drab into sexy night time – just add a dab to the centre of your bottom lip for instant glamour.
- A pocket sized deodorant – the perfect confidence booster NIVEA Deo Compact DRY deodorant is tiny but powerful – a full-sized product in a James Bond-style package that’s barely bigger than a marker pen!
A quick spritz of your signature fragrance (you do keep a stash of department store samples in your desk draw don’t you?) and you’re ready for anything.