Get gorgeous beach babe hair!
Celebrity hair stylist Brad Ngata shows you how to get beach babe waves this summer without the A-list price tag!
1. For the real thing head to the beach and let the sea salt do the work!
2. Can’t get to the beach? Then use a sea salt spray and scrunch to create textured curls. SheSaid suggests Salon Only (SO) Sea Salt Spray, $22, and KMS Sea Salt Spray, $36.95.
3. Long seamless layers work best for beach hair as the weightlessness of your haircut makes it easier to encourage natural texture.
4. To make the most of your beach hair have balliage (lighter) colour done to your ends. This mimics sun colouring without harmful rays.
5. Beach hair is all about the right texture so let hair dry hair naturally and spritz with some hairspray or pop a mousse in to hold.
6. For a deep wave beach look – plait hair into three strands overnight (the thicker the strand, the deeper the wave) take out on the morning and run your fingers through and spray with hairspray.
7. If you’re on a budget – put some sea water in a water spray and use this instead of product.
8. After you’ve finished with your beach look, follow with a deep condition to reserve the effects of the drying sea salt.
Image of Jennifer Hawkins new swim range Cozi