The hair look at the DSquared2 Spring/Summer 2014 show at Milan Fashion Week was a modern interpretation of 1950’s Americana, reminiscent of the tropical enclaves of Miami, Las Vegas, Havana and Hawaii.
“The Dsquared2 designers always favour a glamorous ‘bombshell’ look, and this season the collection has a tropical, sexy ‘50s feeling to it, so I created super volume and a slightly bouffant hair look to support this” said Sam McKnight, Global Ambassador for Pantene.
The resulting ‘retro poolside chic’ look is resonant of a bygone era where manicured looks and perfected style were de riguer at the poolside, and is the perfect summer hairstyle for medium to long hair, whether your hair is straight, wavy or thick. It’s also a fun bridal hairstyle to match with bright lips and a va-va-voom dress.
1. Always start with freshly washed and conditioned hair. Pantene Ice Shine Shampoo and Conditioner provides the perfect base for this look.
2. Apply Pantene Styling Treatment Foam Soft Curls to damp hair and blow dry the hair section by section using a round brush to create volume, taking the hair up and away from the face.
3. Then, using a medium –large barrelled tong (depending on length of hair), set the hair (section by section), clip in place and leave to set – for as long as you can.
4. Remove clips and brush out the hair with a soft bristle brush.
5. Take the crown section of hair and gently tease (back-comb) the crown area with a tail comb.
6. Using a very soft brush, brush back the hair over the teased section and brush through the lengths.
7. Finish with Pantene Stay Smooth Hairspray and apply Pantene All Day Smooth Leave in Crème to smooth the ends.
What do you think of this sexy 50’s hairstyle?
Julia has lived and worked in London, Amsterdam, and New York, and is obsessed with food. She's either cooking or thinking about what to eat next. Follow Julia on Twitter.