Emma Watson blew us away at the Golden Globes, not only because of that incredible tangerine Christian Dior backless dress (and pants!), but because her hair and makeup were perfection. We think her chic bun, with deep side part and soft wispy pieces, will be one of the best hair up styles we’ll see all year.
Here’s how celebrity hairstylist Shelley Brien created this classic updo.
1. First spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to damp hair. Take a medium-sized boar bristle round brush and blow dry hair so that it’s straight and smooth.
2. Once hair is dry, create a side part and then spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series ColorFinity Dry Shampoo in Rich Darks to the roots to create extra volume.
3. Backcomb the hair near the front of your face to create texture and then brush all the hair back until it’s smooth. Maintaining the side part, pull hair back into a low ponytail and then wrap hair loosely into a chignon. Wrap hair similar to a bun and then pin in place.
4. Pull a few pieces of hair in the front and tuck behind the ear to create a more modern, tousled look.
5. To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to leave it with a sleek, finished look.
What did you think of Emma Watson’s Golden Globes hair? Tell us in the comments!