1. If your hair is coloured like Kylie’s make sure that you’re using a sulphate-free shampoo. This will help to lock-in your colour for longer, and won’t dry out your ends after each wash.
Puretopia Sensitive Care Shampoo, $10.99
2. Apply a conditioner to strictly the ends of your hair, and leave-in for 3-5 minutes. Applying it all over the hair (and the root) can actually decrease your volume later on!
Puretopia Sensitive Care Conditioner, $10.99
3. Spray a colour shine serum lightly through damp hair, concentrating it on your ends.
Goldwell Dualsenses Color Serum Spray, $13.90
4. Just before blow-drying the hair, use a lifting mousse and scrunch this from root to tip. Make sure your hair is still damp, otherwise it can get quite sticky.
5. As you’re blow-drying your hair, use a few different techniques which will help to create instant volume. Scrunch your hair between your fingers, dip your head upside down and dry it at the roots, and even apply some sea salt spray to awaken the root.
Schwarzkopt Taft Curl Defining Mousse, $4.49
6. Once your hair is dry, use a finishing spray to lock-in the texture, and make it last for hours. To create some extra volume, part your hair on the side instead of the middle. You will find that it creates more texture at the roots without even trying!
John Frieda Frizz-Ease Glossing Mist Spray, $16.99
SHESAID is a top women’s lifestyle website that aims to inform, inspire and empower women around the world. Established in 1999, SHESAID is dedicated to telling it how it is, sharing real women’s stories about the issues that really matter to them. We know women because we are women.