VS Sasson has kicked off a new collaboration project with the first creative stylist being celebrated hair and make-up artist, and well-known beauty blogger Oz Beauty Expert, Bonnie Gillies. She has teamed up with one of the world’s hottest backstage fashion photographers, Sonny Vandevelde, to produce a series of striking photographs for VS Sassoon featuring the most talked about fresh faces of Australian fashion.
Gorgeous model Brooke Durrant, represented by London Management in Sydney, was a big hit at the recent Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia. “Brooke is a gorgeous red head with thick hair to die for,” Bonnie said.
Here’s how Bonnie got Brooke’s look:
- I used the VS Sassoon Total Protection Ceramic Intense Curling Wand to curl sections of Brooke’s hair throughout, starting each curl from just above ear level. The wand is perfect for working with very long hair. It features tiny silicon bumps that help grip and spread the hair evenly over the wand.
- After I had curled each section, I carefully sprayed with hair spray to add hold.
- I then used a hard-bristled brush to brush out the curls, which created a soft silky wave throughout the hair.
- To add a focal point to the style, I swept over the hair to one side of the face and created a big soft plait all the way to the end of the hair. I then gently pulled and loosened the plait to make it bigger and chunkier.
- Brooke has a very peaches and cream complexion, so I used an ivory mineral foundation with a peachy blush and soft stained rosy lip.
- I then defined Brooke’s brows and added a delicate sweeping liquid line to her upper lashline.