The Olsen twins are normally known for their quirky sense of style, and ability to wear almost anything and have it work for their tiny frames. This time, we’re looking towards Mary-Kate Olsen’s retro cat-eye which is a perfect makeup look for an evening out.
1. Prep the skin by using a lightweight primer and foundation. If you’re heading out at night, skip the SPF since it will cause a white cast to appear on your face. Buff the foundation well into your skin by using a damp cosmetic sponge.
Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Oil Free Foundation, $48
2. It’s time to conceal any blemishes and dark circles, so lightly dap the product with your fingers and blend it out. To contour under the eyes, use a concealer which is 1-2 shades lighter than your normal shade.
Clinique All About Eyes Concealer, $36
3. Prime the eyes by using a lightweight eye primer. Anything that is too heavy will make it a nightmare to keep your makeup in place.
Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, $34
4. Now it’s time to work on the eyeliner. Firstly, line the eye with a felt-tip liner since it’s the easiest tool for beginners.
For the flick, use an angled brush and dip lightly into a gel liner pot. Follow the line of of your bottom lashes, and carefully extend it outwards. Fix up any mistakes with a cotton tip dipped in makeup remover. It makes it so much easier to fix any un-even lines.
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, $18
5. Fill in any gaps with a liquid liner since this formula is unlikely to wear away. Carefully dab over any parts of the eyes that need a little extra maintenance. Carry this in your handbag if you ever need to fix up your makeup throughout the evening.
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner, $26
6. Apply a thin coat of mascara onto your lashes, or even use a pair of falsies to make the look more dramatic.
Kevyn Aucoin The Volume Mascara, $38
Image via Olsens Anonymous