Get The Look: Milkmaid Braids Hairstyle At NYFW
Perfect for summer, the milkmaid braids seen at the Rebecca Minkoff S/S 2014 show at New York Fashion Week this weekend are a fun look for anyone with long hair. Inspired by Mexican artist Frida Kahlo, pair this hairstyle with boho dresses or printed summer tops and denim shorts.
Here’s how TRESemme stylist Jeanie Syfu created the look backstage at the show:
1. Prep damn hair with TRESemme 24 Hour Body Foaming Mousse and rough dry.
2. Create a messy zig-zag side part, from the hairline to the centre of the nape, and clip to separate.
3. From the heavier side of the hair part, take another zig-zag section behind the eat and clip, creating three separate section.
4. Back brush the hair for texture and create a ponytail in each section, starting from behind the eat.
5. Tease lengths of hair and spray lightly with TRESemme 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray.
6. Create a 4-strand braid with each ponytail and fasten with an elastic.
7. Wrap braids around the top of the head, tucking the ends of the braids under and fasten with bobby pins.
8. Finish with TRESemme Fresh Start Colour Care Dry Shampoo for a matte finish.
Are you a fan of milkmaid braids?
Julia has lived and worked in London, Amsterdam, and New York, and is obsessed with food. She's either cooking or thinking about what to eat next. Follow Julia on Twitter.