Get the Look: Monique Lhuillier Romantic Updo at NYFW
The hair at the Monique Lhuillier A/W 2014 show at New York Fashion Week was chic, romantic and the perfect formal hairstyle for sexy evenings.
Master Stylist Bob Recine for Moroccanoil created soft and easy rolled vertical chignons that were sophisticated yet casual. “These are hairdos of confidence,” explains Recine, “and are a loose, gamine-like contrast to the elegant, well-done clothes.”
An innovative take on the traditional chignon, the look features two vertical rolls placed side by side to create a flowing bunched up effect. “Unlike the classic, twisted chignon (smoothed under on one side and twisted over on the other), the look gives an identical profile on each side of the face, and is elegant without appearing over-styled.”
1. “I started by mixing Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse with water in the palms of my hands, and worked this through the hair.”
2. “Before starting to blow dry, I sprayed Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium all over the hair for added texture.”
3. “To free the hair, I dried it by moving the blow dryer above the head from every direction – with air flowing almost as if you were sitting in a convertible with the wind coming from every side.”
4. “I then pulled the hair back, and made two ponytails and twisted them. I loosely rolled each one upward, tucked in the ends, and secured each twisted roll, letting loose strands and wisps fall as they wished.”
5. “I finished by using Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong, spraying closer to the hair than usual, for a shiny, textural effect that looked styled and modern.”
What do you think of the Monique Lhuillier romantic updo?