Nina Dobrev looked so pretty at the TrevorLIVE event in Hollywood on the weekend, wearing a braided bun that is one of the most elegant hair up styles we’ve seen on the red carpet.
It might look intricate, but celebrity hairstylist Marcus Francis explains how to recreate this look in just 5 easy steps (so if you’re looking for summer wedding hair inspiration, pay attention!).
1. Apply a generous amount of Suave Professionals Volumizing Mousse to damp hair and rough dry with hands and a blowdryer.
2. Make a messy side part and divide hair into two sections — down the center in the back. Lightly tease the crown with a tail comb for a little height.
3. Spray each side with Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo to revive hair and add volume and texture. Begin French braiding the first section against the head, continuing to the ends like you would a side ponytail, and secure with an elastic. Repeat with the other side.
4. Loosen each braid by pulling each side, allowing for pieces to come out, giving that soft, effortless look. Take one of the braids and pin it across the back to create a large bun using hair pins. Do the same with the other braid, going back and forth along the back to blend in with the first braid.
5. Finally, pull out a few face framing layers and spray the entire look with Suave Professionals Touchable Finish Extra Hold Hairspray to set.
What do you think of Nina Dobrev’s red carpet hair?