Get The Look: Selena Gomez’s Voluminous Curls
There is no denying that singer and actress Selena Gomez, has some of the best locks in the business.
While we love her hair looking super-straight and sleek, there’s just something about a curly hairdo which is perfect for creating drama on sad, lifeless hair. Create this look at home by following our five simple steps below.
1. Start with hair that has been freshly washed and blow-dried, preferably using a volume-maximising shampoo and conditioner. Work the product into your scalp, and massage for a few minutes into the follicles of your hair.
Carolyn Harding Volume Maintenance Shampoo Wash, $13.99
2. When you’re just about finished in the shower, rinse hair one last time with cold water – this helps to keep hair shiny and frizz-free! While your hair is still wet, use a leave-in conditioner to control dry hair, and lock-in moisture without leaving hair too oily.
KMS California MOISTREPAIR leave-in conditioner, $31.95
3. To create Selena’s signature curls, use hot rollers or a curling wand. In this case, we suggest using a curling wand since it’s so much easier to use! Depending on how thick or thin you want your curls, choose a larger barrel for big curls, and a smaller barrel for tighter ones.
Grab small pieces of hair, curl from root to tip, and remember to style hair away from your face. This will ensure that your curls look natural rather than framing the face in an unflattering way.
John Frieda Curling Tong, $49.99
4. Spritz hair lightly with a heat protecting spray, and make sure to keep product away from the roots. Curl your hair working in sections, and start from top to bottom (this ensures that the curls on the top remain intact).
TRESemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray, $8.04
5. Take small strands of hair from above the ears, and pin back to the sides to achieve this bombshell look. Make sure the pins are the same colour as your hair – this will disguise any hair faux-pas!
Lady Jayne Bobby Pins (Black), $2.99
Image via Celebzz