Looking for a festive hairstyle that’s easy to create at home? Herbal Essences have shared a step-by-step hair tutorial for one of our favourite sophisticated hair up styles. Elegant with a twist, the wavy chignon is sure to turn heads at any Christmas or New Year party. And all you need is two hair elastics and bobby pins. Fresh flowers can be added for a feminine touch.
1. Wash hair with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner.
Top tip: Give your hair an extra treat with the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Rinse Off Treatment.
2. Apply Herbal Essences Set Me Up Mousse to roots.
3. Blow dry hair upside down with a paddle brush to give volume and body
4. Take one inch sections of hair and curl with curling iron
5. Lightly spritz curls with Set Me Up Gel Hair Spray to give hair extra body
6. Split the front and back sections of hair into two parts. Pull the back section into a ponytail in the middle of the head and secure with hair elastic. Brush the front section back and secure with the first ponytail using a hair elastic
7. Split the curly ponytail into 4 sections and roughly pin each section to the side to create a chignon.
8. Finish with Herbal Essences Set Me Up Hairspray for a firm but lightweight hold that lasts day and night. Add hair accessories or fresh flowers to chignon as desired.
What’s your favourite party hairstyle?