Troy Thompson, TRESemmé hair director for Australia’s Next Top Model, shares how he created 90’s grunge hair as seen on Taylah in episode 5 – one of our favourite medium hairstyles.
1. Apply TRESemmé Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Protective Spray on wet hair and comb it through.
2. Blast it off with a hairdryer to create volume and texture on the base.
3. Use an iron below your root area and add a slight twist on the tip of your hair.
4. To create the grungy look use TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo and don’t be afraid to spray more.
5. Take the nozzle off when blowdrying your hair and run your fingers through the ends.
6. For more volume to create a grungier look on the side, use your hands and twirl your roots around.
What do you think of this 90’s grunge hairstyle?
Julia has lived and worked in London, Amsterdam, and New York, and is obsessed with food. She's either cooking or thinking about what to eat next. Follow Julia on Twitter.