We’re obsessed with the feminine, romantic hair at the Badgley Mischka Autumn/Winter 2014 show at New York Fashion Week. Peter Gray for Moroccanoil created beautiful, flowing hair with a thin twisted braid that would be perfect for a romantic wedding.
1. “I started with a small amount of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse at the roots (applied to damp hair), concentrating on the root area and combed through. This time, the Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse was used to give the style control and flatten rather than add volume.”
2. “I made a deep diagonal side part, blow dried the hair with a Moroccanoil XL-PRO Paddle Brush, and made a loose, low swept bang.”
3. Next, I created a loose wave, mid-length only, using a 1-1/2-inch curling iron, making sure to leave the ends out. For this look, it’s best to curl each section of hair in alternate directions to create a soft natural texture.”
4. “I then took a small vertical section at the nape, and made a small braid close to the head.”
5. “Taking a small of piece of hair from just above the front of both ears, I tied it with an elastic, secured it at the base of the neck, and U-pinned it into the braid underneath.”
6. “After applying a small amount of Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream on the ends, I wound them vertically with a curling iron (instead of a flat iron) to give ends a polished and vibrant look.”
7. “I finished with a spray of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium at the top of the head to keep those strands in place, and misted the top hair lightly with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray for added shine.”
What do you think of Badgley Mischka’s romantic hairstyle?
Photos: David Webber and Reven T.C. Wurman for Moroccanoil