Get The Look: Camilla And Marc’s Sophisticated Fashion Week Hair
CAMILLA AND MARC ‘s “Concentric Paradigm” collection SS/13 drew inspiration from the Russian Matryoshka doll, citing parallels between the layered dolls and the brands own layered past. The result is a vivid, textural, sharp showcase of CAMILLA AND MARC’s signature styles and silhouettes, updated with a modern viewpoint.
KMS California Hair Director, Shane Henning collaborated with Camilla Freeman-Topper and Marc Freeman on the final look.
“We wanted to keep the hair direction simple but strong, with a sharp sophisticated edge. We have incorporated asymmetry via a low boyish side part; slicked down and back on the left side, which created a stronger edge to the style”, commented Henning.
“Above all, we wanted to achieve a wearable and real look. This was translated via the loose hair which displayed a structured rough texture”, added Henning.
1. Hair is prepped with KMS ADD VOLUME volumizing spray from roots to tips, followed by a spray of KMS FREESHAPE hot flex spray in the hairline.
2. Make a low side part from the corner of the left eyebrow and angled towards the crown.
3. Using a blow dryer, push hair in a direction up and away from the face, creating a slight quiff or lift in the front. The left side part is sleek and pushed back away from the face, hair is tucked behind the left ear and sprayed with KMS PLAYABLE texture spray to hold in place.
4. Once hair is dry and the basic shape is in place, add extra lift in the front hairline by separating a 1cm section (this section will be used to cover and hide texture on base area). Take a second piece of hair and use a mini crimper or lightly tease at the root area for extra lift.
5. Take the front hairline panel and shape back over the textured base area, creating a slight lift and spray with KMS HAIRSTAY medium hold hairspray to secure in place.
6. Spray ends of hair with KMS FREESHAPE hot flex spray and smooth ends straight, using a straightening iron from the ear lobe down to ends – to create stiff texture.
7. Lightly break up texture on the ends of hair with fingertips and spray liberally with KMS PLAYABLE texture spray.
8. Take the front left hand panel and a 2cm section at the nape of the hairline, sleek this section back behind the ear, twisting low and secure underneath the back of hair with a bobby pin.
9. Finish with a spray of KMS HAIRSTAY medium hold spray to keep the look in place.
Are you a fan of the hair at the Camilla and Marc S/S13 show?