Get The Look: How To Wear Red Lipstick
At last week’s Mercedez-Benz Fashion Festival in Brisbane, Napoleon Perdis created a polished complexion and paired it with a classic red lip. Everyone can wear red lipstick – you just have to know how to pull it off. Here’s how to get the look with Napoleon Perdis:
– Using Artist Foundation/ Base Brush 19b, pat Mattifying Mineral Primer over the entire face. If your skin tends to get dry and dehydrated in areas it is recommended you use Auto Pilot Pre-foundation Skin Primer prior to your Mattifying Mineral Primer application.
– Prep lips with Auto Pilot Lip Service.
– Apply your first coat of Long Black Mascara.
– With Artist Foundation/ Base Brush 19b, apply Advanced Mineral Foundation across the ‘feature focus’ area (the triangle of features: eyes, nose and lips) then blend in an outward direction for a flawless finish.
– Using the appropriate shade of Mighty Concealer Pen conceal the under eye area. Be sure to conceal any blemishes or skin discolouration.
– Apply a touch of the appropriate corrective color of Mighty Pen Concealer across the entire eye lid from the lash line to the brow bone.
– Using Mega Powder Brush 50r lightly set the foundation across the ‘feature focus’ area of the face with Camera Finish.
– Using Contour Brush 16b sweep Color Disc Skinny Dip from lash line to brow bone.
– Press Color Disc Orange Sherbet with Flat Shader Brush 10b over the lid.
– With Sculpting Brush 10r apply Color Disc Trench Coat through the socket of the eye and sweep under the outer lower lash line.
– Add a touch of Color Disc Blushing Bride to the inner corner of the eyes, using Tapered Shadow Brush 9b.
– Apply Eye Pencil White On to the waterline to brighten and open up the eyes.
– Apply two coats of Long Black Mascara to the top lashes and one coat to the bottom lashes.
– Comb the brows and define with Eyebrow Pencil Chocoholic or Pale Rider.
– Hold brows in place with Peep Show Mascara Madame Crystal.
– Using Reflective Contour Brush 20b, apply The Ultimate Contour Palette Contour sweeping underneath the cheekbone.
– With Contour Brush 16b, apply The Ultimate Contour Palette Highlight on top of the cheekbone.
– Coat the lips with Double Agent Rouge Lip Palette semi matte lipstick using Compact Lip Brush 2b. Set the lipstick by patting Double Agent Rouge Lip Palette pressed lip powder with Cream Liner Brush 4h.
Are you a fan of red lipstick? What’s your favourite shade?