Miranda Kerr combined her signature sexy style with a punk rocker edge at the Met Ball, and we’re loving her glam waves. Here’s how to get the look in a few easy steps with celebrity hairstylist David Keough for Davines.
1. While your hair is wet, create a deep side part.
2. Comb a gel (such as Davines For Wizards No. 8 Quick Setting Hard Gel) throughout the hair to create a solid hold.
3. On the side opposite the direction of the part, create two sections. French braid each section parallel to the other, wrapping them down around the head. Taper the braids down to the nape, tie them off and tuck them underneath the rest of the hair.
4. Apply more gel mixed with some mousse (try Davines For Wizards No 3 Universal Mattering Mousse) throughout the rest of the hair, layering with some hair oil (such as Davines OI/OIL) to create shine.
5. Blow-dry the remaining unbraided hair with a round brush.
6. Using a one-inch curling iron, separate and curl large sections. Pin them up and let the hair cool down.
7. Pull the hair out and spray your roots with a bit of sea salt spray (such as Davines For Wizards No. 14 Sea Salt Primer) to create lift. Blow-dry a touch.
8. Finish off with hairspray (try Davines Defining Invisible Hair Spray) to lock in the look.
What do you think of Miranda Kerr’s glam waves?