Get The Look: Napoleon Perdis For David Jones
Napoleon Perdis created 3 exclusive looks for last week’s David Jones A/W fashion launch, and this is his favourite. Here’s how to get the look straight from the makeup maestro himself.
“Confession: This makeup look is my favourite of the three,” says Napoleon. “It’s based around my current colour collection, Metalika, which is a play of both heavy and soft metal hues. This girl is just a gorgeous glamazon; strong yet soft, glamorous but not intimidating, slightly intense but not overwhelming. It’s really all about the eyes – and some stunning but still soft metallic accents which is totally on trend right now. Skin is radiant, as though the girl has been lit from within. Eyes are accentuated with black liquid liner and a smoky, espresso shadow and then played up a little by mixing metallic shades of Loose Dust and cream eyeshadow to highlight the inner corners of the eye. A dense false lash helps to anchor all that detail. A shimmery nude nail and a totally natural, barely-there glossy lip completes the story. It’s a look that’s definitely rock inspired but we’ve really worked on that element of softness so it’s still super pretty.”
1. For a healthy glow, start with Napoleon Skin Renewal Serum.
2. Follow with Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer.
3. For a dewy, sheer finish apply Advanced Mineral Makeup and set with Camera
Finish Powder Foundation.
4. Work a slight contour through the cheekbones with The Ultimate Contour
1. Create a frame for the face with Mesmer-Eyes Mascara.
2. Define and tame your brows with a clear mascara like Peep Show Madame
3. Smudge China Doll Eyeliner Equinox along the upper and lower lash line.
Continue to smudge over the lid and through the socket.
4. Sweep Color Disc Espresso To Go along the lower lash line and through the
socket for a seductively smoky finish.
5. Mix Loose Eye Dust Copper Element with Crème De La Crème Quicksilver.
and sweep along the inner corner of the top lash line and around the inner corner
of the eye.
6. “Fluttery Will Get You Everywhere”! Accessorize with Lashes Hoya.
1. Keep lips natural with Auto Pilot Lip Service.
Are you a fan of Napoleon Perdis’s sexy makeup look?