Get The Look: Napoleon Perdis’ Young Hollywood Makeup
From Miranda Kerr’s glam Old Hollywood makeup to the bold lips as seen on supermodel Samantha Harris at last week’s David Jones spring/summer parade, Napoleon Perdis shows us how to create this sexy Young Hollywood look.
“I’m loving lipstick at the moment,” Perdis says. “When a woman wears lipstick, she leaves her mark, whether it’s on a man or a coffee cup. My DéVine Goddess Lipstick in Hara is an amazing shade of orange, an attention-getting statement that’s face freshening and really speaks to the Spring/Summer season. To me it’s young Hollywood meets Palm Springs desert chic. I’ve taken this look forward by balancing the lip with a gloss shadow on the lids.”
Get the look:
1. No look is complete without a healthy glow. Use Napoleon Skin
2. For a perfect foundation landing use Auto Pilot Pre-Foundation Skin Primer.
3. Create a frame. Mascara first! For this look use Peep Show Madame Fantasia,
that adds unbelievable volume, and follow with Peep Show Madame Beyond for skyscraping long lashes.
4. Achieve flawless skin with the Mighty Concealer Pen.
5. Apply Sheer Genius Foundation and set to perfection with Camera Finish Powder Foundation.
6. Create a hushed pink cheek with Cheek to Chic Blush Duo #2.
7. This look requires a sleek brow. Define and tame your brows with clear mascara, like Peep Show Madame Crystal, and follow with Precision Brow Pencil.
8. For the eye, first add a little spice with bronze accents, such as Prismatic
Eyeshadow Quad #4.
9. To get the glossy lid effect, apply Crème de la crème eyeshadow in Quicksilver
(out Sept 5) followed by a touch of Lip Lacquer in Clearly Glam.
9. Line and define with a strong black liner; China Doll Gel Liner in Equinox.
10. Lastly, refresh the eye with a little white to the inner rim with Eye Pencil in White On.
11. Prep the pout with a reflective touch of Clearly Glam Lip Lacquer.
12. Layer the velvety texture of DéVine Goddess Lipstick in Hara for the ultimate on-trend lip.
13. An orange lip is best suited to be lined with a neutral tone such as Nude Awakening Lip Pencil.
Are you a fan of the bold lip?