Image: © Lucas Dawson
Get The Look: Sleek Chic Hair
While Jennifer Hawkins kept a simple straight style at last week’s Myer spring/summer 2011 parade, the hair concept for the rest of the models was for sleek metallic chic. Under the direction of celebrity hairstylist Brad Ngata, models wore tightly smoothed back glittering buns to add a burst of brightness to the already vibrant collections.
Get The Look
1. Prep hair by wetting down and applying L’Oreal Professionnel Play Ball Beach Fizz before blowdrying and ironing flat.
2. Section into three – each side and the top – then separate the top into front and back.
3. Take the back top section and wet corn row backwards as flat as possible, to reduce both bulk and length.
4. Take one side at a time and pull back tightly to a pony talk that sits between the crown and nape.
5. Work the front top section backwards using L’Oreal Professionnel Techni.art A.Head Glue to slick down onto head, leaving mid-length and ends dry.
6. Use Cloud 9 irons to smooth the ponytail and to reduce bulk.
7. Secure the ponytail into a bun with pins, interlocking to keep as flat as possible
Vaseline along the hairline.
8. Wet hair with L’Oreal Professionnel Techni.art A.Head Glue and sift glitter from nape to hair line to create an ombré effect eg. red to magenta to pink / bronze to copper to gold.
9. Use L’Oréal Professionnel Infinium Lumière Extreme Hold Professional Hairspray 4 to seal glitter and diffuse dry.
10. The finishing touch is adding glitter to gel and painting it on to blend the tones seamlessly.
Are you a fan of this fun, sleek style?