Grape And Prosciutto Crostini Recipe
Crostini are so easy to make and are perfect for a quick snack, for a summer picnic or entertaining with a glass of bubbly. We love this combination of grapes, prosciutto and goat cheese. What are your favourite crostini ideas?
1 cup small red and green grapes, halved
80 grams goat cheese
6 thin slices of prosciutto
½ cup wild rocket leaves
1 tablespoon good quality balsamic vinegar
1 ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ tablespoon honey
Salt and cracked pepper to taste
1 loaf of good quality sourdough bread, thinly sliced (brushed with oil and toasted on a hot pan)
1. Bring a chargrill or heavy-based frypan to medium/high heat.
2. Slice bread thinly on an angle and brush with olive oil on both sides.
3. Place bread slices in batches on hot pan and press down with a spatula.
4. Once golden and crisp, turn and repeat process, removing crisped bread slices onto a platter.
5. To make the dressing, lightly whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
6. Place a half slice of prosciutto on each grilled bread slice. Top with a little goats cheese, a few wild rocket leaves, and 2-3 green and red whole grapes.
7. Drizzle honey and balsamic dressing over the crostini and serve immediately.
Tip: You can also grill the bread slices in advance, store everything separately in air-tight containers and compile once at your picnic or BBQ.
What are your favourite crostini ideas?