Great Recipes for Dinner
– Snack/Light MealIngredients
3 cups pasta shells
1 x 425g can John West Tuna, drained
2 cups rocket leaves
1 cup fresh basil leaves
2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
1/2 small cucumber, sliced
1/2 red capsicum, diced
1/2 cup toasted walnut halves
lettuce leaves for serving
1/4 cup mayonnaise
finely grated rind of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to pack directions until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
- Place pasta into a bowl with tuna, rocket, basil, tomatoes, cucumber, red capsicum and walnuts. Add dressing and toss gently. Serve at once.
- Dressing: Place all ingredients into a screwtop jar and shake until blended.
– serve with Bagel Crisps: slice bagels very thinly, sprinkle with lemon pepper and bake in the oven until crisp and lightly browned.
– pecan nuts can be substituted for the walnuts.
Warm Japanese Noodle Salad
– Snack/Light Meal
2 teaspoons oil
2 baby bok choy, chopped
3 spring onions, sliced
1/2 cup sliced celery
1 carrot, cut in julienne strips
1 x 210g can John West Pink or Red Salmon, drained
1 sheet nori seaweed, shredded, optional*
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seedsDressing:
1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon wasabi, Japanese horseradish
- Cover noodles with warm water and separate. Drain well.
- Heat oil; add bok choy, spring onions, celery and carrot and stir-fry until just softened. Add noodles, salmon and seaweed and stir-fry until hot.
- Add dressing and toss gently. Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Dressing: Mix all ingredients in a screwtop jar and shake until blended.
– Nori seaweed is easiest shredded by cutting with kitchen scissors.
– toast sesame seeds in a dry pan over a medium heat, stirring constantly.
– precooked udon noodles are available on most supermarket shelves, but dried noodles can be cooked and substituted.