A few greens on your pizza makes it healthier, right? This delicious pizza recipe features mouth-watering ricotta cheese on a bed of fresh dough, and infused with aromatic Italian herbs.
The dough is really easy to make yourself; store it in a warm place for 2-3 hours before cooking for a light and fluffy base.
4 cups flour
1 sachet (4 tablespoons) yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon olive oil
350ml warm water
Pinch of salt
2 cups Ricotta cheese
1 pound fresh asparagus (trimmed)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic (minced)
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon Italian Herb seasoning
- Combine the sachet of yeast and warm water, stir lightly with a spoon. Wait for the entire mix to froth (this could take anywhere between 3-5 minutes).
- Create a well with the flour, then slowly add the water. Mix well with your hands, and add the salt and sugar. Coat with olive oil and transfer into another bowl with plastic wrap along the top. Store in a warm place and wait for the dough to rise.
- Toss the asparagus into olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then, grill until tender and set aside on a plate to cool.
- Roll out the dough, and brush the surface with olive oil. Grill the pizza base for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Brush the garlic and Italian herb seasoning over the base of the pizza, then add the Ricotta and half of the grilled asparagus. Put it back into the grill until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the grill and add the remaining asparagus. Serve with your favourite white wine, or alternatively a fresh rosé.
Image and Recipe via Kitchen Joy Blog