Grilled Beef, Zucchini and Rocket Salad Recipe
We love a beef salad in summer – it’s a true 30 minute meal which makes it one of our go-to midweek quick dinner ideas. Simply BBQ a sirloin steak, and toss with sweet potato, zucchini, peppery rocket, shaved parmesan and pine nuts.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
600g sirloin steak, fat trimmed
3 tablespoons olive oil
350g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3mm slices
4 medium zucchinis, sliced lengthways into 5mm slices
1 red onion, quartered
2 tablespoon lemon juice, plus grated zest of a lemon
150g rocket leaves
30g parmesan cheese, shaved
20g toasted pine nuts
1. Preheat the barbecue to hot. Brush the beef on both sides with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest and cover loosely with foil.
2. Place the sweet potato, zucchini and onion into a large bowl and toss with 3 teaspoons of olive oil. Place on the grill and cook for 1½ minutes on each side, or until tender and lightly charred.
3. Slice the beef thinly and place into a large mixing bowl with the grilled vegetables, lemon juice, zest and remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
4. Place the rocket onto a large serving platter, top with the tossed beef and grilled vegetables, parmesan cheese and pine nuts, and serve.
Tips for cooking the perfect steak on the BBQ
* Brush each steak lightly with oil.
* Preheat the BBQ to hot. The steak should sizzle as it makes contact with the barbecue.
* Cook one side of the steak until the first sign of moisture appears, then turn and cook the other side. Turn the steak once only for rare and medium.
* Remove the steak and cover loosely. Rest in a warm place for a few minutes before serving